Thursday 2 August 2012

The Pros and Cons

Now with only one week to go until settlement, and three weeks until we move houses, I'm thinking about all the things that I'm going to miss about the house we're currently in, and the things we definitely won't miss!

It's the middle of winter in my little part of the world at the moment, and the rental home we're currently living in is in the bottom of a valley. In summer, this means that our house stays relatively cool and we save money on airconditioning, but in winter, it's freezing and our heating bills are astronomical.

Whilst it certainly doesn't get as cold down here as it does in other parts of the world, I can't help but feel a little jipped. If we have to be so cold, and I have to spend 10 minutes in the morning defrosting my car before driving to work, I think we should at least get a little snow for our trouble!

My car windscreen one morning this week

My front yard at 7:45am
The new house is only a couple of kilometres away, but further up the hill, so I'm hoping it will be much much warmer!

It's not all bad though.

What I'll be missing most about this house tmost, is the reserve across the road. With a creek running through it, a little pond, and walking trails, we walk Penny down there almost every day. She's loved having her own little swimming spots and space to roam and sniff free.

Penny enjoying the water in the reserve across the road from the home we rent.
I take some solace in the fact that the new house has half an acre, and our own little bit of creek for her to explore to her hearts content, but the area we're moving to is not going be anywhere near as Penny friendly for walking.

I suspect we'll be chucking her in the back of the car and bringing her back down here for walks in the reserve quite regularly :)



One week to go until the renovations start now and I'm Oh So Excited!!

Abby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment